Wichita, Kansas 2021-06-10 18:05:01 –
TOPEKA – The Kansas Division of Well being and Atmosphere (KDHE), in collaboration with the Kansas Division of Wildlife Parks and Tourism (KDWPT), has issued a number of public well being suggestions for lakes in Kansas for blue-green algae.
- Marion County Marion Reservoir
- Keith Severius Reservoir, Norton County (upgraded from clock 6/10)
- Rooks County Webster Reservoir
- Lake Jerry Ivy, Saileen County
- Johnson County Southlake (New)
- Geary County Milford Lake Zone C (New)
- Marion County Lake, Marion County
If a warning is issued, KDHE recommends that you simply take the next precautions:
- Lake water will not be secure to drink for pets and livestock.
- Whatever the situation of blue-green algae, lake water ought to by no means be consumed by people.
- Keep away from contact with water.
- The fish might be eaten whether it is rinsed with clear water, solely the fillet half is consumed and all different components are discarded.
- Don’t feed your pets with dried algae.
- If lake water will get in your pores and skin, wash it with clear water as quickly as attainable.
- Keep away from areas of seen algae accumulation.
A clock signifies that blue-green algae have been detected and that dangerous blue-green algae are or could also be current. It’s advisable to maintain pets and livestock away from water, avoiding areas the place algae accumulate. Throughout surveillance, KDHE recommends that you simply take the next precautions:
- Indicators will likely be posted in any respect public entry areas.
- Water will not be secure for people / animals.
- Keep away from areas the place algae are accumulating and don’t feed folks or pets with dry algae or drink contaminated water.
- Swimming, enjoying within the water, snowboarding and jet snowboarding should not beneficial close to seen flowers.
- Boating and fishing are secure. Nonetheless, inhalation of the spray can have an effect on some folks. Keep away from direct contact with water and wash with clear water after contact.
- Clear the fish properly with ingesting water and eat solely the fillet.
KDHE will examine publicly accessible our bodies of water for blue-green algae when it receives stories of potential algae outbreaks on Lake Kansas. Primarily based on dependable subject observations and sampling outcomes, KDHE stories on doubtlessly dangerous circumstances.
If the floor is scum, paint-like on water, small floating turquoise lumps or filaments, or water is opaque inexperienced, keep away from contact and hold pets away. These point out that dangerous bloom could also be current. Pet house owners must be conscious that animals that swim, drink water, or eat dry algae alongside the coast beneath the affect of dangerous blue-green algae can grow to be significantly sick or die. There’s.
Click on right here for stories on blue-green algae and doubtlessly dangerous algal blooms. Here..
KDHE points public well being advisories Source link KDHE points public well being advisories