LAWRENCE, Kan. – Kansas senior midfielder Kathryn Castro boomed a 30-yard purpose within the eightieth minute to steer the No. 9 Jayhawks to a 1-0 win towards Texas Tech Friday evening at Rock Chalk Park.
With the win, Kansas improved to 2-0-0 on the season, whereas Texas Tech fell to 0-1-1.
MOMENT OF THE MATCH
With simply over 11 minutes left in regulation and the rating nonetheless 0-0, junior midfielder Rylan Childers had a shot that simply barely missed because it hit the submit. Regardless of the missed shot, KU maintained possession of the ball. Castro gained possession of and netted the shot from 30 yards out to place Kansas forward 1-0 with simply 10 minutes remaining in regulation.
STAT OF THE GAME
30 – Castro netted the lone purpose of the match from 30 yards out within the eightieth minute of Friday evening’s victory for Kansas.
- KU leads the sequence with Texas Tech 14-11-3 all-time. The Jayhawks maintain a 9-3-0 report towards the Pink Raiders in Lawrence.
- With this win, Kansas strikes to 15-6-1 in house openers in the course of the 22 seasons underneath head coach Mark Francis.
- With the win versus Texas Tech tonight, Kansas now has a victory over each Huge 12 squad within the final calendar 12 months. Kansas has additionally gained or tied its final 11 matches towards Huge 12 opponents courting again to Oct. 10, 2019.
- Kathryn Castro earned her first purpose of the 2020 season, and the second of her profession, when she scored from 30 yards out within the eightieth minute.
- Junior goalkeeper Sarah Peters earned her second shutout of the season and 22nd of her profession. Peters had 4 saves within the match, bringing her total save depend to 11 within the first two video games of the 2020 season.
QUOTE OF THE GAME
“You grind away. We didn’t have a ton of possibilities at this time and to be truthful they didn’t both. There actually wasn’t lots of possibilities within the recreation, so it actually comes right down to somebody ending considered one of them and thankfully for us, Kat did. I believed Kat was sensible at this time.
Kansas Coach Mark Francis
The Jayhawks will hit the street for the second time this season after they journey to Kansas State for the Dillons Sunflower Showdown on Friday, Oct. 2. KU and Okay-State will kick off from Manhattan, Kan., at 7 p.m. The match shall be broadcast dwell through Huge 12 Now on ESPN+.