Kansas State (5-6, 1-2 Massive 12) returns to the street on Tuesday evening, because the Wildcats journey to Lubbock, Texas to tackle No. 18/19 Texas Tech (8-3, 1-2 Massive 12) at 6 p.m., CT on the United Supermarkets Area. The Wildcats have misplaced 6 in a row to the Pink Raiders in Lubbock with their final win coming in 2014. Tuesday’s sport will air on ESPNU with Chuckie Kempf (play-by-play) and Robbie Hummel (analyst).
KANSAS STATE (5-6, 1-2 Massive 12) at 18/19 TEXAS TECH (8-3, 1-2 Massive 12)
Tuesday, January 5, 2021 >> 6:01 p.m. CT >> United Supermarkets Area (15,098) >> Lubbock, Texas
ESPNU / WatchESPN
- Chuckie Kempf (play-by-play)
- Robbie Hummel (analyst)
- Anthony Giase (producer)
Okay-State Sports activities Community
Flagships: // KMAN 1350 & WIBW 580
XM 380 // Web 970
- Wyatt Thompson (play-by-play)
- Stan Weber (analyst)
United Grocery store Area is open to 25 % capability (3,775). There aren’t any single-game tickets accessible.
Kansas State: Bruce Weber (Wis.-Milwaukee ’78)
General: 479-271/twenty third season
At Okay-State: 166-116/ninth season
Texas Tech: 8-8 (2-6 on the street)
Texas Tech: Chris Beard (Texas ‘95)
General: 273-97/twelfth season
At Texas Tech: 102-47/fifth season
Kansas State: 6-2 (4-0 at residence)
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP
Kansas State (5-6)
G: #24 Nijel Pack
G: #00 Mike McGuirl
G: #2 Selton Miguel
G: #3 DaJuan Gordon
F: #21 Davion Bradford
Texas Tech (8-3)
G: #0 Mac McClung
G: #1 Terrence Shannon, Jr.
G: #2 Jamarius Burton
G: #15 Kevin McCullar
F: #14 Marcus Santos-Silva
General: Okay-State leads 24-18
Present Streak: Texas Tech, 2
In Massive 12 Play: Tied 17-17
In Lubbock: Texas Tech leads 13-7
At United Supermarkets Area: Texas Tech leads 11-4
Final Assembly: L, 62-69 [2/19/20 in Lubbock, Texas]
Weber vs. Beard: 2-6 [0-4 on the road]
NOTES ON Okay-STATE
- Okay-State will probably be enjoying in simply its second street contest of the season after posting a 74-65 win at Iowa State of their first street journey of the season on Dec. 15. The win snapped a 9-game street dropping streak in Massive 12 motion. The Wildcats’ solely different street contest — a Dec. 11 matchup with Butler within the Massive 12/Massive East Battle — was cancelled resulting from COVID-19 protocols throughout the Bulldogs program.
- This would be the Wildcats’ second matchup in opposition to a Prime 25 opponent, together with the primary on the street. The crew dropped a 100-69 resolution to No. 2/2 Baylor of their first Massive 12 residence sport on Dec. 19. Okay-State is 119-263 all-time vs. ranked opponents, which incorporates an 8-13 mark vs. the AP’s No. 18 ranked squad. Head coach?Bruce Weber has a school-record 26 profession wins in opposition to Prime 25 foes.
- Okay-State practically rallied from an 18-point deficit, closing to inside 61-58 with 38 seconds to play, earlier than TCU transformed from the free throw line to hold on for a 67-60 win on Saturday afternoon at Bramlage Coliseum. The Wildcats had an opportunity to finish the comeback, however a foul move led to a steal by junior R.J. Nembhard, who began a streak of 6 straight free throw makes to finish the sport for the Horned Frogs.
- 4 Wildcats scored in double figures for the second time this season within the loss to TCU, as sophomore DaJuan Gordon posted a career-high 18 factors on 7-of-13 subject objectives to go along with 7 rebounds, 3 assists and game-high 3 steals in simply over 36 minutes. Freshman large man Davion Bradford practically tallied his first double-double with 14 factors on 6-of-10 taking pictures with 9 rebounds, whereas senior Mike McGuirl and freshman Nijel Pack added 13 and 12, respectively.
- Okay-State has began 3 true freshmen (Bradford, Selton Miguel and Pack) in 6 consecutive video games, which incorporates all 3 Massive 12 video games. The Wildcats are considered one of 5 groups (Kentucky, Duke, James Madison and North Carolina) to start out no less than 3 true freshmen in no less than one sport, whereas the 24 mixed begins by true freshmen rank second solely to Kentucky’s 27. The subsequent closest faculties are North Carolina (22), Auburn (17), Montana (17), Tennessee Tech (16) and Troy (15). The true freshmen have been pressed into early enjoying time, as 5 completely different gamers have mixed to overlook 31 video games this season, together with season-opening starters Kaosi Ezeagu and Montavious Murphy each lacking 7 video games every. Murphy returned to motion vs. TCU on Saturday.
- Since switching to the 4-guard lineup in opposition to Milwaukee on Dec. 11, Okay-State is averaging 68.2 factors on 44.1 % taking pictures (154-of-349), together with 55.4 % (108-of-195) from contained in the 3-point line. Seven completely different Wildcats (D. Gordon, McGuirl, Pack, Bradford, Miguel, Antonio Gordon and Rudi Williams) are averaging higher than 7 factors within the 6-game span, together with a team-best 10.3 factors per sport by Gordon, whereas McGuirl (10.2 ppg.) and Pack (10.2 ppg.) are averaging higher than 10 factors per sport and Bradford (9.8 ppg.) and Miguel are averaging practically double figures. In all, underclassmen have mixed for 256 of the crew’s 409 factors on 45.4 % (99-of-218) taking pictures within the final 6 video games.
NOTES ON TEXAS TECH
- No. 18/19 Texas Tech (8-3, 1-2 Massive 12) enters Tuesday’s sport on the heels of an 82-77 time beyond regulation loss to Oklahoma State on Saturday, which snapped a 2-game successful streak. The Pink Raiders will probably be looking for its first residence Massive 12 win of the season after opening with a 58-57 loss to Kansas on Dec. 17 previous to the setback to OSU, that are the one 2 losses at residence this season. The crew does have a powerful 69-67 win at Oklahoma. Junior switch Mac McClung led all scorers with 21 factors on 7-of-15 subject objectives in opposition to the Cowboys, whereas junior Kyler Edwards had 18 factors off the bench.
- Texas Tech is averaging 73.5 factors on 43.4 % taking pictures, together with 33.5 % from 3-point vary, to go along with 33.5 rebounds, 14.1 assists, 7.2 steals and 4.5 blocks per sport, whereas permitting a Massive 12-best 56.3 factors on 37.4 % taking pictures, together with 28.7 % from 3-point vary. The crew is averaging 67.7 factors in Massive 12 play on 40.2 % taking pictures, together with 30.5 % from 3-point vary, whereas permitting 69.0 factors on 42.1 % taking pictures, together with 38.5 % from 3-point vary.
- The Pink Raiders have finished a powerful job of blending transfers with gamers who’ve developed in this system, as they boast 3 transfers (Mac McClung, Jamarius Burton and Marcus Santos-Silva) with sophomores Kevin McCullar and Terrence Shannon, Jr. McClung is considered one of 4 gamers averaging in double figures, as he leads the best way with 15.0 factors per sport on 39.2 % taking pictures, together with 30.8 % from 3-point vary, to go along with 2.6 rebounds and a couple of.7 assists in 28.5 minutes per sport. Shannon is averaging 13.0 factors on 51.7 % taking pictures wih 4.7 rebounds, whereas reserve Kylar Edwards and McCullar are every averaging 10.0 factors per sport. Edwards, who has began 8 video games, is also averaging 5.5 rebounds and three.1 assists per sport. Santos-Silva paces the crew in each rebounding (6.7 rpg.) and blocked photographs (1.5 bpg.), whereas averaging 8.5 factors per sport.
- Texas Tech is led by 2018-19 Nationwide Coach of the Yr Chris Beard, who has posted a 102-47 (.685) document in his fifth season. He has a 273-97 (.738) total document in his twelfth season as a head coach, which incorporates head teaching stints at McMurry (2012-13), Angelo State (2013-15) and Little Rock (2015-16).
UP NEXT: OKLAHOMA STATE (7-2, 1-2 Massive 12)
- Okay-State returns residence to Bramlage Coliseum on Saturday, because the Wildcats play host to Oklahoma State (7-2, 1-2 Massive 12), which performs host to No. 14/16 West Virginia on Monday evening. The Cowboys received each conferences in 2019-20, together with a 64-59 win in Manhattan on Feb. 11, 2020.